Sydney Steel Corporation Business Plan 2004-05 (continued)
Liquidation and Sale of Major Equipment, Scrap, and Slag
All of Sysco's major equipment has been sold. The last items, the
electric arc furnace and associated steelmaking equipment, have
been sold and will be removed in 2004. Following the removal of
the remaining equipment, the remaining scrap steel will be harvested
for future sale. As well, anticipated slag sales for 2004-2005 are
projected at more than 100 000 tons.
The following initiatives are planned for the upcoming fiscal year:
- Re-open the west bridge to provide public access to the main
entrance of the administration building.
- Complete the water supply study and make a decision regarding
the future water supply source for the site.
- Complete engineering survey, preliminary detailed infrastructure
plans, and related costing analysis on the front (or south) end
of the site.
- Create a long-term global information systems database for property
- Complete engineering, survey, and detailed plans for the greening
project for the Whitney Pier area adjacent to Sysco and the Sydney
Ports Access Road.